How It Works
How 100 Women Who Cares Works
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting ($400 per year).
- The donations will be steered to non-profit organizations serving Forsyth County and the surrounding areas. National charities will not be considered. Supporting the local community is our goal.
- Members who wish to submit a non-profit for consideration must be ready to make a five minute presentation at the meeting to those in attendance. Three members will randomly be chosen to pitch their favorite non-profit with a 5-minute presentation, followed by a 5-minute Q&A.
- Only members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current on their contributions may submit a non-profit for consideration.
- Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote at meetings. Members may not vote unless they are in attendance at the meeting. Each member will vote by ballot – the majority rules.
- In the case of a two-way tie, the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie, we will randomly pick one of the two non-profit’s names out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie, we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- If a member presents and is not chosen, she is eligible to put her name in the drawing at future meetings. If a member’s charity is chosen, that organization is not eligible to win for two years. The member is still eligible to submit the name of another non-profit.
- All checks will be made out to the chosen non-profit. If a member is unable to attend, she is asked to mail the check promptly. An email will be sent out the evening of the meeting with all of the pertinent details.
- The benefitting organization must agree to NOT use the donors’ names for future solicitations or use the database of names in any way. If the non-profit does not adhere to this condition, it will not be eligible for future consideration. The organization is also required to send a representative to the following meeting to explain how the funds.
- Membership to 100 (or more) Women Who Care is open to ALL women.
❤ More Women = Greater Impact ❤
100 Women Who Care requires just 4 hours of your time each year. Membership allows you to join a community of other like-minded women who want to make a significant impact on the community.
Spread the word…we’re always looking for new women to get involved in this extraordinary effort!